A'Bear & Ball Architects  | RIBA Chartered Architects

Mallin House

Constructed in the early-mid 19th century, the property known as Mallin House in Longcot became a Public House -‘The Bricklayers Arms’- in 1854 and continued in this use until the late 1980’s until it was converted to a private residential dwelling. A’Bear and Ball Architects LLP have been commissioned to prepare a scheme for a two storey contemporary brick and glass rear extension (replacing an earlier 1950’s rendered extension) and outbuildings in the garden comprising a new detached 'Home Office/Gym and double garage. The extension is designed as three carefully crafted interconnecting volumes comprising a lightweight/glazed ground floor element, a solid first floor bricked volume and a lightweight glazed link connection back to the existing house. All elements of the scheme have been considered concurrently to form a masterplan for the site ensuring a consistent and holistic high quality contemporary architectural response throughout

abear & ball architects longcot contemporary extension.jpg
abear & ball architects - longcot - contemporary extension 2.jpg
abear & ball architects - longcot - mallin house.jpg